Friday, October 5, 2012

My Mommy's Punkin Muffin Recipe

For as long as I can remember my Mom has been baking this recipe.  I enjoy them all year long and it's my favourite way to consume pumpkin.....not being a pumpkin pie connoisseur.  They are great any time of the day and it makes a huge batch.

Ingredients

4 Eggs
2 Cups White Sugar
1-1/2 Cups Canola Oil\
1-14oz can of Pumpkin [like Pumpkin Pie filling]
3 Cups Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 cups of Raisins

* I did not have Cinnamon on hand this go around and I used Pumpkin Pie spice instead and it works just as well. *

Procedure

1.  Beat eggs with an electric mixer.
2.  Add sugar, oil and pumpkin.
3.  Mix.
4.  Add the dry ingredients and raisins.
5.  Mix.

Scoop into lined muffin tins.

Bake at 400*F for 15 minutes.

This recipe makes 2 dozen large muffins.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooo

    I may have to make these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome. We had them with apple butter and they were so amazing!

      Delete
  3. That sounds really good. Would never have thought. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great. The pumpkin isn't really strong either. It's a keeper.

      Delete
  4. I will have to try this but will leave out the raisins, lol :)...My mom would always make 2 different kinds of pumpkin pie. She would make the regular one with the spices in it and then she would make one without the spices and add coconut into it instead. I always liked the one with coconut as a child but now I don't like coconut for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I have an aversion to coconut too. My favourite pie is probably pecan or strawberry rhubarb. I don't have pie very often.

      Delete