Thursday, September 13, 2012

This Blog has Been Dog-Jacked

Brandy approx. February 2000
Hi!  My name is Brandy~puppy the Super Dog.  I was born on November 11th, 1999.  In Canada, November 11th is Remembrance Day.  Dad calls it Novembrance Day.  Mom wanted to call me Poppy but Dad protested and said that was a silly name so instead I got named Brandy because when my fur coat grows out it turns a Brandy colour.

I've had a ruff year.  Last year I had throat surgery for Laryngeal Paralysis.  My ears are always stinky and itchy.  And in July I got an intestinal virus.  Mom worries about me all the time.  She doesn't like it that Dad doesn't worry enough.

Today I got to go for a car ride to the Central Animal Hospital.  I thought maybe we were going to the groomer but knew something was up when the car didn't turn the right way.  I got a little worried.  But then when we got to the doctors there was a black lab in the waiting room and I forgot about being worried.

There's weren't any cats there today.  Cats are my mortal enemy.

Dr. Powell put me on a table.  I had trouble standing because my paws are really furry.  I almost fell off once.  Dr. Powell looked at my eyes, ears and felt my tummy.  Then he tested the moisture in my eyes by putting these paper strips in my eyes.

I didn't like that.  I retaliated by pooping on his floor.

Dr. Powell says I have an ear infection.  I got medicine and ear drops.  He told Mom to clean my eyes with Saline like she uses to clean her contacts and recommended some eye drops that she can buy at Shoppers Drug Mart.  Dr. Powell said I'm in good health and can expect to live until I'm 17!

I think I really lucked out.  Dr. Powell said not to clean my ears!  HURRAY!  *wags tail*

We have to go back next Friday on Mom's Birthday Eve for a check up.

When we got home Mom gave me the medicine in a piece of bread.  Then she squirted the drops in my ears.

I didn't like that.  I retaliated by laying in the middle of the backyard until Mom learned her lesson.

That cookie sure did taste good when I came inside!  *wags tail* 

A baby picture for Auntie Andrea.  About 10 weeks old.

9 comments:

  1. Go, Brandy, and good for you for dogjacking the blog. Dogs write the best blogs, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I think it sounds like you had a very productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to kiss her up! Ooooh! She's so cute! I wish I had puppy pictures of Sunny when he was little, but I didn`t know him then.

    I am so relieved that you are in good health. I was worried. Ear infection? Pah! It must get better! Sunny says so !

    Love, Auntie Andrea and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gives doggie kisses*

      I don't think there are that many puppy pictures. Mom keeps these two in a frame inside the wall unit.

      I've gained weight too. Or at least they think I did. It's so hard to be still on the scale. Dr. Powell said that we're going to work really hard on fixing my ears so that Mom will only have to clean them once every 2 weeks!

      I hope I can meet you and Sunny some day!

      Delete
  4. I've dog-jacked Kobi's account, too! I hope the ear infection clears up quickly.

    - Piglette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not telling Sophie about this..

    ReplyDelete