Monday, January 29, 2024

12 Cups of Joy - Grove Place Market : Advent Calendar Review


I was not looking for another Christmas countdown or Advent calendar.  I'd sworn I had all I was going to get.  

Then we popped in to Peavey Mart and I found myself drawn to the festive packaging of the Grove Place Market 12 Cups of Joy coffee assortment.  It was only $18.99 CAD after all.  What could it hurt?

The cashier told me there was also supposed to be a hot chocolate one but it hadn't arrived in stock yet.

Two years ago I'd gotten a similar package from Ecs Coffee and really enjoyed it.  That calendar had a variety of presweetened flavours.  That's where this assortment box really differed.  I really appreciated that these coffees were flavoured but brewed up black.  That allowed me to add sweetener or milk to my liking.  

This box was 12 days of coffee as it says 12 cups of joy.  There weren't windows to open so I had to pull the tray out of the box every day to access the cups.  The Keurig cups weren't numbered so you could just pick and choose.  I'm an orderly person and worked my way from left to right.

There was a very nice assortment of flavours ranging from the obvious minty type ones to unique flavours with coconut or chestnuts.  I found them all nicely balanced...not too strong or weak. If I chose to add milk or sugar some of them could be classed as a dessert coffee.

If you wanted this as your eye opener bold wake up coffee then this wasn't it.

Over all, I did enjoy having a morning cup of coffee with a festive flavour.  While I enjoy tea the rest of the day, there's nothing like a great cup of coffee in the morning to get going especially during the winter months. 

Unfortunately, I didn't make note of the company that produced or distributed this cool little box of java and googling didn't produce great results either.  There's no way of knowing if I or anyone else could find an assortment box like this again next year or ever again.

I do know that sometimes boxes like this aren't flavourful and seem rather cheap but this was none of that.  If I came across it again, I'd certainly purchase it and I'd also consider giving it to someone on my Christmas list who enjoys Keurig style coffees.

No comments:

Post a Comment