Sunday, October 21, 2012

What's For Supper Tonight?!

I cannot take credit for this recipe.  I can only take credit for the slicing and dicing and the operation of my crock pot and rice maker.  The rest of it is from kraftcanada.com.  The recipe.  Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken.

I doubled the recipe because I wanted leftovers for the next couple of days.

Ingredients:
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into strips or chunks
2 Tbsp taco seasoning [like Old El Paso]
2 Tbsp flour
1 green pepper cut into chunks
1 red pepper cut into chunks [I only used red peppers because my tummy is sensitive to green]
1-1/2 cups salsa [I used a Pico de Gayo from Costco]
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup Kraft Tex Mex Shredded Cheese

Directions:

1.  Toss chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cookier.
2.  Stir in all ingredients except cheese.
3.  Cook Low 6-8 hours or High 3-4 hours.
4.  Stir before serving.

Serve over hot cooked rice.  I cooked jasmine rice because it's what I had on hand.  I also used my rice cooker.  Yeah.....so basically I didn't cook any of it!  Top everything with Tex Mex Cheese.

It was really really yummy.  Hubby and I agreed that some black beans would be great in this as well.  There is cilantro in the salsa from Costco so I didn't add any, but you most certainly could.  By doubling the recipe, Hubby and I both had healthy portions plus there is enough left over for 3 more meals!

According to Kraft this recipe is 310 calories but when I put it into MyFitnessPal it came out much less so I've got some tweaking in the app to do!

Anyhow, this was delish and you should try it the next time you have to eat.  *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was extremely nom nom.

      I bet you could even skip the rice and sop it up with cornbread. Ooooh that would be even more nom nom!

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good think I will have to try it..do you know what the serving size was for the 310 calories?

    ReplyDelete