Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Oh Fudge!


I’ve tried to get Siri and Google to bake for me. I thought I’d try Alexa this year…

No luck. 

In an effort to get started in my festive goodies I made the recipe shared on this page. It’s a gateway recipe before the main frenzy starts. It doesn’t require baking at all and takes a short time to accomplish. Hurray! Because the one thing we all lack at this time of year is time. 


Add to your shopping list the following:

  • 1 tub vanilla creamy frosting (I used Betty Crocker)
  • 1 package peanut butter flavoured chips (I used Chipits)
  • 1 package mini Reese’s pieces (I used Chipits)

The equipment you’ll need:
  • A small saucepan
  • A spoon
  • A spatula
  • 9x9 cake pan
  • Tin foil

Warning! ⛔️ If you’re allergic to peanuts then obviously this recipe won’t be for you or anyone you know with nut allergies. 



Method:
  • Combine Peanut Butter Chips and the container of frosting in a saucepan over low heat until smooth and combined. 
  • Cool slightly then mix in half of the bag of mini Reese’s. 
  • Spread into lined baking pan
  • Top with remaining Reese’s
  • Refrigerate until firm 
  • Cut into 32 bars but can also be cut smaller as they are very rich!
These fudge squares are super easy to adapt with different flavours of chips or frosting. 

They keep very well in the fridge or freezer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment